Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tick Tock

Yesterday was the 2 month anniversary of my moms passing...its so interesting how the lead up to the day actually inspires more anxiety than the actual day. We all did alright yesterday, although I will say for myself that I woke up this morning really feeling the sting of her absence...so I'm not really going to elaborate anymore or poke around...I'm just going to get to the point here because, well, I said so.

Anywho-skoo, my cousin Jennifer decided that she would commemorate the day by getting her memorial tattoo for my momma. This her very first tattoo, and most likely her last...it came out gorgeous and she was a very brave girl.

So, here is a photo, my friends...I hope you enjoy it more than Jennifer enjoyed getting it.





"Be still and know that I am with you."
English proverb

2 comments:

Crystal said...

My thoughts go out to you and the fam...I miss her too...

BTW, that tattoo is awesome and has so much behind it.

Anonymous said...

We miss her when we are happy or acting a fool because she so loved to hear those stories. We miss her when we are confused or sad because she is not here to tell us to "suck it up" or "never let them see you sweat".

...these markers of time are our way holding close the memories that we cherish and all the moments of her life...on how much we love her and how deeply saddened we are that she is not here to watch us grow and change..to become better people because thats what she wanted us to do..and to grow as a family and to love each other unconditionally...and always. It seems as though she keeps teaching us something new every day.

Yesterday...my sister showed my daughter Jennifer that she could endure much and that she was stronger than she knew...and she was right, she is!

Today, my Emily told me that she had a great memory of Aunt Karan. She talk about how they sat together and watched as a butterfly came to life. It was a monarch butterfly she said...I think I see another memorial tattoo in the making...

All my love <3

Aunt Nancy