Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just Beet It




Yummy...this was part of our breaky this morning...Beets, Carrots, Ginger and Apples. It may sound uber icky to some of you...but boy, I am telling you that this was some gooood stuff! Very refreshing! I SWEAR!


Check this out:


Ginger: helps reduce anxiety, nausea or morning sickness, aids in digestion, lowers cholesterol, and helps to alleviate high blood pressure


Beets: help build the blood, increases oxygen, excellent source of iron, contains a tumor inhibiting active ingredient and helps maintain liver function


Carrots: helps to relieve eyestrain, aids in menstrual cramps, anti-canser properties and helps with skin dryness and irritation


Apple: helps to rid the body of lead and mercury, may stop canser from spreading throughout the body (Journal of the National Cancer Institute ) and eases stomach cramps


Pretty awesome, eh? I think so.


I love that my brain is filling up with so much knowledge...knowledge is power, right?


Well, that's all for you lesson today, my friends...I will leave you with these few things...


Today was an awesome day...my mom had energy for miles...I don't even think she napped. (I wish she would have, I was so tired! hahaha)


We went and did the CBC test today and the results will be back next week or something.


We had a little visitor today...very fun! Thanks Kelly!


Welcome to the World, Tristan Riley Andrew!

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That juice looks awesome, I'm bummed I missed out on that one.

So that is the new addition to the Andrews Fam huh? He's too cute<3

Anyways, I stole your quote, I love it!

-jenna

Anonymous said...

....YOU FOUND A BEET JUICE RECIPE?? I NEED IT!! Once I start driving foods with beets I can stop drinking 2 tsp of vinegar every three hours..please share.

Love you..
BTW ..I'm at jennifers..

Aunt Nancy..

the baby pic is adorable

Anonymous said...

Cute little baby you have there!
Whom did you borrow that from? I want one!!!
Hugs and love to you all!
Carrie