Thursday, August 14, 2008

My first blog...here goes nothing!!


So, as you read in the "About Us" section, I decided to write a blog to keep everyone in the loop with whats going on with my mom, her treatment and just our day to day life.
Wow! look at the ego on us!! hahaha!!
Anyway...my intention of this blog is to share some pictures and stories, ease your minds and hopefully teach everyone a little something about all of the things that we are learning in "canser college."

Here we are coming to the end of the third week of radiation...then we get a 6 week break!!! We were just wondering this morning what we were going to do with all of our free time...then we remembered that chemo starts next week. Oh well at least its only for three days.

Aside from the radiation making her a little tired, shes cruising, no real side effects and shes eating like a horse even though it tastes like shit!!

Oh and as most of you know, we cut off our hair and donated it to Great Lengths to make wigs for canser survivors that are losing their hair...my mom has opted for the "hat" route. I mean, can you see my mom in a wig!? Oh please!




so, that's about it for my first blog...i have a feeling i'm going to become addicted to this!!!

i hope you all will enjoy my bloggity blogging and please feel free to leave comments, questions, suggestions and LOVE!!!

oh and by the way...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to these two crazy kids!!






















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it...through love and laughter we will block the tears and find the million reasons why our hearts are so full from your love and now your strength...
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! The pictures speak for themselves. She looks so adorable in them, and of course she's still goofy! :)

We are praying everyday, she's strong and can fight this.

We love her!

I will continue to read these, so keep going.

<3 Jenna <3

Anonymous said...

I called my Mom and found out a little of whats going on, I am sorry to hear you guys are going through this, but your love and your optimism radiates in your words and through those adorable pictures!

My prayers and good wishes go out to each of you.

You guys have always been there for us through the good and the bad, so please know if there is anything you need from us, never hesitate to ask!

Michele great job on your blog, and Karen and Nick HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lots of love to you guys!
Marisol AKA Mary :o)

Anonymous said...

Thats not what I pictured..Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous said...

My girlz said that I made that sound weird..So what I meant was I was wondering what they process was like and it was nice that you explained it. Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Michelle! Keep us all updated and remember you have a big support system yourself!
Love, Bunny (aka Bev)

Anonymous said...

Lovin all the love today! Michael Hill..what a little sweetie! He said he loved the sqeeze as much as ya'll did! This is a beautiful day for love..
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

My aunt is a freakin' trooper.

Still laughing, still smiling, still talkin' smack and wears the flip flops that I'm gonna steal from her soon, even if they don't fit! hahaha

I'm so glad that she's doing well, she looks amazing and is as beautiful today as she's ever been.

I love you aunt karan sue, hehe!

-your favorite niece<3 jenna :)

Anonymous said...

Read your blog every day Michelle
doing a fantastic job keep it up.
Good to hear what is happening you 2 are certainly making the best of a bad job. lots of love to all-think of you a lot XXX