Monday, August 25, 2008

Vegie Tales




Today was the day that we were to start juicing...BUT we can't find the blades! My mom thinks that they must still be packed away. Oh well...there's always tomorrow, right?
Right.

...and tomorrow we will be well prepared as we went shopping for the organics this afternoon. So barring some crazy mishap, tomorrow will be day one of juicing and I am so excited!

When I say "juicing" I am not talking about steroids, I'm talking health food. Yeah, that's right...health food. It has been proven that diet and exercise helps fight off that blasted, pesky bugger canser.

There are a million reasons to change your diet (EVEN if you don't have canser), but these two reasons are reason enough:


1: Canser THRIVES on fat. boo.


2: Fruits and vegetables are laden with pesticides. eww.

So, we have been slowly introducing organics, raw foods and juicing into our daily lives.


Sometime in the near future, I will add juicing link for you all to check out.
I cant wait to tell you all about our "green juice experiments"...guinea pigs at your service.

Stay tuned...


Okay...now on to the important stuff...a couple of blogs ago, I asked everyone to "leave some love", however, I neglected to leave directions on to do such a thing...so here it goes...

At the end of EACH blog it says "posted by loveandlaughter at 11.40pm 0 comment" click on "0 comments".

Then start writing your comment in the big box to the right.

Underneath that is a spot that says "Choose your Identity"

Click "Anonymous"

HOWEVER, if you choose anonymous, please, please remember to leave your name. We have been getting some nice notes and we cant thank you properly when we don't know who you are...unless you're trying to be secretive :)




"California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange."
Fred Allen


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy juices from fresh produce! That's always the best. I don't think I could handle drinking a cucumber or broccoli for that matter, but... more power to you if you can take it like a champ!

Well, have fun juicin' it up! hahah

Love you both<33

-jenna

Anonymous said...

....love you both! Healthy food makes you feel good. I'm actually diggin it a little but its hard to stay on track when there are yummy fast food joints on every corner...calling you by name when you know your lunch box has a can of tuna, one raw tomato and one raw cucumber in it. Its a battle of the will...smile...will I drive through or will I drive by! Its a task! The meal I love the most is breakfast so if you two cook up a healthy breakfast recipe please post on your blog. Can't have eggs or cheese. I have now become very familar with all organic shake drinks but even those are tricky because some have caffeine which is a no no! So yea, looking forward to the adventures of Karan, Nick and Michelle as you master mind healthly food for us all. I will share some of my experiments with you as well. Bon appetite! love you ...the aunt!

Anonymous said...

Hope the Som Tum is going well. have been trying to leave comments but so far no go so hope this gets through. Love the site, is good to keep up with all that is going on. Keep us them positive vibes. Everyone here in Waimarama wishes you well and are thinking of you as we do every day.
Lots love Joy & Bryce