Monday, October 13, 2008

It Might Be a Crazy Life, But It's Our Life

Hola!
Lets catch up...Friday my mom came down with another fever and had to go to Tri-City to get another blood culture taken to determine the cause. Four hours later it turned out to be just a run of the mill infection...no biggie...however, her red blood cell counts are still very low. Unfortunately, my friends, I think she is going to have to break and eat some meat. I know, I know...there are supplements or different foods she can eat...there is a problem there though...she wont take any supplements unless approved by her doctor AND even bigger, she absolutely will not take anymore pills...she is just sick of taking pills and I cant blame her. The other issue is that there aren't many things that she even feels like eating, so if she eats a bit of a hamburger or some bacon with her eggs once a week or so for the next few weeks, I'm good with that.
pssst....we ate BLT's today...I ate the bacon with her...oh well, it was kinda fun to be a little rebellious!
Anyway, onto Saturday. Medical finally approved the MRI, so she and my daddio went to the MRI place on Saturday afternoon. I heard that she did really good...if you don't already know this about my mom...she is horribly claustrophobic!
I'm sure that we will get this results soon....and then back to Radiology and Dr. Lean's we go! Lets hope, though, that the toomah (tumor) is shrinking. The less Radiation, the better, right? Right. This would also mean that the canser would be vacating and that would be the greatest news EVER!!
So, today we went and had the usual blood draw and the usual run-a-round with Medical and crap...but whatever.
Tomorrow, if you all remember is Medi-port day. We have to check in for the surgery at 11.30am and it should take about 3 or so hours. My mom is really excited to get the port...the pick line is slightly annoying, it has to be flushed everyday, it hangs out of your clothes so its hard to hide, you have to be careful to when you shower, blah, blah, blah. Hopefully this little bugger doesn't get infected! We have vowed to each other to keep a very very close eye on this one!
Wednesday is CT Scan day...the big day. This one, forgive me for constantly repeating myself, is the one that tells us about the canser and the lung toomah. Lets all pray, clap, sing, laugh, dance and cross our fingers that it still hasn't grown...actually, lets pray, clap, sing, laugh, dance and cross out fingers that its just GONE! Yeah, that's better!
Thursday there will be another blood draw, this one is CBC Chem panel. Its almost, unbelievably enough, to start chemo again. erg.
Maybe we can rest on Friday...right, Miss Jen?

On a side note, kinda sorta...
Bureaucracy and Red Tape sucks...we need Health care Reform.
Those of us who can vote, please do it and those of us who aren't registered, Whadda ya waitin for?
BE THE CHANGE!!

hugs
xxx


"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McClusky, state department spokesperson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying, crossin my fingers...arms, legs, toes, eyes, dancing, clapping, singin and smiling!

I wish you guys all the luck in the world tomorrow and know I'll be thinking of you :)

Love you guys so incredibly much!
I'll be in California at 8 tomorrow night and I'll be there for a few weeks
we will DEFINITELY see each other and I can't waitt ;)

muahhh
love, hugs, and kisses
-emowee<3

p.s. boooya I registered !

Anonymous said...

It seems like you we're speeding through that blog. So much information in such little time. I went and visited her on Saturday, she looked good and of course had a smile on her face. I'm glad she was able to make it through the MRI, like her I am to claustrophobic and would hate to be in a hole. Blah! Anyhow, we know you have a lot of things to do and you're a busy bee. Keep up with the blogs when you can, but remember, we rely on these things because we don't want to blow up the cell phone. Those bills tend to be HUGE!

Love you booga!

-jenna