Friday, October 17, 2008

January Should Go On Record As The Busiest Month

Happy Friday!
Well, let's just get down to business. When my mom woke up this morning she noticed that she had a little bit of bleeding around the port area. Nothing major, just a wee bit of blood...but considering what happened last time, we have decided that it is alright if we are overly cautious...so we took ourselves right on down to the hospital. As you can imagine, my mom was very nervous, as was I, but Linda and Laurie were really good to her and everything, so far, is fine. It seems as though her stitch may have ripped a teeny bit, causing some of the very, very minor bleeding. Laurie ended up just putting some more steri-strips and a piece of gauze over it. We have to go back Tuesday morning before chemo to have it checked out...this means we have to get up EARLY. This will, I'm sure, prove to be hard, as we two lazy little buddies these days. Oh well, we will make it...I have faith in us!
hopefully, this weekend will be a nice relaxing one for my mom, aside from all of these October birthday goings on...
Alright, kids, I'm out.
Please keep your fingers crossed that my mom makes it through the weekend blood, stress and fever free. Also, remember that Monday is another big day for us...its the CT Scan results show. If you could please keep sending out all of those juicy good healing vibes, good news vibes, a million claps...or whatever it is that all of you have been doing for my mom...we would really appreciate it.
Also, please keep up those positive vibes for Michelle's papa, Cookie, my neighbor's family and last but not least, our chemo buddy Mike.
ohhhh guess what?
In the midst of all of this craziness, we heard some really good news yesterday...some very good family friends are having a baby! Yes! I love hearing about love, new life and new hope...plus, pretty soon we will get to play with a new baby, and smell it, and squeeze it....I could go on and on. Lets not.
Instead, let's do this:

Say Happy Birthday to Miss Melody Dill Melvin whose Birthday is today!
xo


and on Sunday don't forget to wish this little Bun (Michael) a big ol' Happy 30th Birthday!


xoxo

I'm bringing back on oldie but a goodie:

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mel & Mike!

Woo Hoo for the good results we're going to get on Monday, I'm praying for you everyday, you're a tough cookie and will kick it's bootay outta the park!

Have a relaxing non bleeding stressful weekend.

We love you always and forever!

-jenna & family

p.s daddy said he loved seeing you last weekend. he said you're a true soldier!

Anonymous said...

..okay..what family member and why don't I know what you are talking about? LOL..

Give her loves and make sure she rests and call me Monday .... please.

I love you all..

Aunt Nancy

Happy Birthday Michael. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Okay...speed reading is not good sometimes...I missed the family "friend" part. LOL...

Love ya..

Your silly auntie

Anonymous said...

Okay...speed reading is not good sometimes...I missed the family "friend" part. LOL...

Love ya..

Your silly auntie

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Michael!
Every item that can be is crossed and tons of love and prayers being sent up for happy results today!
Love you all!