Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We Just Voted and So Should You! ps...this blog is full of juicy good news too!!!

My mom and I usually go to a house around the corner every year and vote. This year we thought that it may be a little more work than normal to get around the corner so we decided to register to vote via mail in ballot. So, we just voted, stuffed our envelopes, stamped them and put them in the mailbox. Done and done! Awesome!
Did you know that the saying "Vote early and vote often" was originally said by Al Capone? He sure did...and that is your lesson for the day. You're welcome.
Hold on...I just got side tracked...Dr. Lean's office just called. Dr. Lean, if you all remember, is my mom's Radiologist. Guess what?
Holy shit! Hold on to your pants people....this is so effing awesome!
They said that the smaller tumors on my mom's brain are GONE!!! GONE!! oh my god! GONE!!!
praise Elvis!
They also said that the larger one has shrunk considerably! Considerably! They said that the MRI results are pretty much the best that you can get. Also, apparently, she no longer needs to go to Radiation! YES!!! I mean, we love Dr. Lean, but the thought of no more Radiation is amazing. Her very next appointment with Dr. Lean will be in February where she will get an MRI to check the progress of the tumors. This also means, as my cousin pointed out, her hair will start grow back! My mom is very excited about that...while bald is beautiful, bald is also cold and bald quite often provokes stares. That's kinda hard...so bring on the hair!
I cant tell you what a relief this has been! When my mom got off of the phone and told me and Bev the news, we just started crying...well, i was doing the booty shaking happy dance while I was crying, of course.

Hopefully from here on out, she stays nice and healthy...no more canser...EVER!!!
I have this feeling that my mom's road to remission has been paved not only with a healthier diet, but with all of that dang love, prayer, jokes, laughter, claps and whathaveyou, that you all have been sending her way.
I guess what they say is true, love CAN move mountains...shoot, love can move canser right out of the body too!
Thank you, each and everyone of you for all of you positive thoughts, care and concern...keep it coming because while we have received some supercalifragilistcexpialidocious news today, the battle is still not over.

Damn! Today was a good day!

Rejoice everyone...be happy and let out a sigh of relief because guess what? THE TUMORS ARE SHRINKING!

my mom is so rockin the shit out of this canser!

hugs
xx

ps...don't forget to vote!


There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle.
- Robert Alden

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we have discovered anything since July 27th, we now know that love is what makes the world go around and it makes everything seem so much brighter than we ever thought it could. Our family is one heart thats been beating just for you, Nick and my sister. I'm so happy for all of you and happy for myself that I have such an amazing and strong sister! She gots some big kahoonas! ha ha...is that how you spell that?!?!?
I'm so grateful for this news today. I wish I was there to share in your joy. Make her eat iron stuff even if she doesn't want to do it...and tell her let that hair grow to her feet if she wants and I will send hair clips, rubber bands, shampoo and conditioner and every kind of brush that clairol makes!!!
I love you guys! XOXOX

Let the sunshine..
Let the sunshine in...
The sun..
Shine in!

Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!
:DDDDDDDD


<3emy

XoxOXOxOXOxoOX
*DANCIN DANCINN!*

Anonymous said...

Super fantabulous news that we all hoped and prayed for. We new she would knock canser outta the park, but less than 3 months later is so awesome. Prayer, love & hope is the best medicine, keep going strong, and we will have our buddy back in NO TIMEEEEEEE!

WooP WooP!

xoxox

-jenna