Monday, January 5, 2009

Feliz Ano Neuvo!

Hello friends....here we are one week into the new year and feeling fine. Life is good!
Life is so good...I hope that you all enjoyed yourselves during the holidays and didn't overcelebrate yourselves into the new year. And well, if you did, i hope that drank a few or three for us!
Alright, so as most of you know, my mom got some new hair for Christmas!



Don't she just look like smokin aces?! She thinks she looks real cute too!

Half of the people that we've been seeing for months on end, don't even recognize her anymore! I really think the wig has done wonders for her self esteem as well as her mental state...shes even more rockin now than ever before!
And speaking of rockin...check this out...
today we went for the pre-chemo visit. A quick refresher, pre-chemo visit is the doctors appointment the day BEFORE the start of of chemo. This is when Dr. Paroly tells my mom how the blood is doing, how the organs are doing and so and so forth. Unfortunately, there will be no chemo tomorrow. Boo. But that's okay, she will do chemo next week...and anyway, the news that we got today cancels out the bad news of no chemo.
Get ready my friends, hang onto your hats, glasses and wigs....first of all, ( and honestly, according to my mom, the best news) Dr. Paroly gave her the A-OK to go to New Zealand AS SOON as she finishes her last chemo! She can even go for two whole months! Once her told her this, i think she just shut off the rest of her listening ears and started daydreaming of clean, fresh, warm air, fishing, big wide open skies, Bryce's famous Thai food, and laughing with all of the great friends that she has in good ol NZ! She is now counting down the days until she can get on the plane and take a break! I cant say that I blame her. This is the ONE thing that she has been really praying for since her diagnosis...to be able to get back to the place the she and my dad love most in the world.
So, this is really great news, right? Well, hang on there because what I'm about to tell you is going to rock your world!
My mom asked Dr. P about the whole lung aeration thing that he had mentioned during the last visit. If you all recall, he told my mom that her lung had reaerrated itself, popped back up and she sound clear as a whistle. So, today, I think she just wanted some confirmation that this was still the truth. He told her that not only had her lung aerated and plumped back up, but when they looked at the CT Scan, there wasn't any sign of the tumor or canser!
I will kindly repeat that for you:
He said that there wasn't any sign of the tumor or canser!
Pull out your party hats and bull horns! Feel free to shout it out from the rooftops!
Isn't that just the most amazing news ever?! I don't think its quite registered with my mom just yet, as I said above, she is just so excited with he news of going to New Zealand...that this news just blew right over her wig..er, head.
Okay, my cup has runeth over...I am overjoyed...I'm welling up with emotion...I am so freakin excited and I just want to get off this dang ol blog so that you can all read the good news!
I would absolutely LOVE it if all you who read this leave a note for my mom so that I can pass it along to her!
Thanks for all that you do and for being who you are!

hugs
xx

"Nothing is too small to know, and nothing too big to attempt."
-Sir William Van Horne

8 comments:

Kazza said...

Hi everyone!!
Yes it is the Mom,Karan,Kaza. Had not really felt up to putting anything in here. Was enough keeping up on myspace. And Maxx does such a fab job. She is amazing isn't she!! Such wit not sure where that comes from...hmmm
I am excited to go back to New Zealand that is for certain. I am excited about the other news but the worrier in me says..WOOOO your pony there cowgirl let's not get our hopes up to high and fast.
So anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all for keeping up with our adventure (Mr. Toads Wild Ride)and supporting myself and Maxx.
Hope you had the happiest of holidays and my this year bless you.
Love and laughter

Anonymous said...

I can't find any words, only tears.
Relief, happiness, joy. But mostly love for you all.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm already half blind and now I'm trying to type with my eyes full of incredible tears of joy! I can see her walking on the beach in NZ with the wind blowing through her hair and breathing in the beauty of the ocean. The picture in my mind is so peaceful and welcome after all these months of hard work ya'll put in towards wellness.

I'm overwhelmed with joy for everyone..for her, for you and Nick and for all of us who love you guys so very much!

Thank you Michelle from the bottom of my heart for keeping this blog going so I knew what was happening every step of the way. Its been quite the journey and I feel so blessed that you brought all of us along with you and I'm grateful to have such a strong and passionate niece. You are our lil angel on earth.

Love you long time...hugs.

I love you!

Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

P.S. Connie just read the blog but was unable to leave a comment so she sent me an email:

I just went to the blog and I am so happy that Karen is doing so great.

Connie..the CUZ'in...Smiling

Anonymous said...

Hey beautifull family, what an awesome thing! I am so happy and excited. The body is a beautifull super healing power. If you see it in your mind you will hold it in your hand. I love you lots!
Sista Trista

Anonymous said...

Waimarama awaits you Karan, such fantastic news and Michelle what a daughter you are, the blog has been truly amazing in allowing us to follow Karans progress and teaching us a thing or two along the way.Actually teaching us a lot. many many thanks and cany wait to see you here in the only place in the world.
love Joy

Anonymous said...

So I just showed Kion the new picture of you and aunt karan. He said you guys look so pretty but that it doesn't matter if aunt karan has hair or not because she's still pretty!

:)

We love you and hope you enjoy your "you" time in New Zealand, no one deserves it more than you!

<3 jenna

Anonymous said...

You deserve all this .You have all worked and fought so hard to get to this stage 'good on yer' as the kiwis say- & love the new hairdo. E&H