Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Medi-Port, Port of Call, Port-a Vallerta?

So, we just finished day two of chemo cycle 8. Everything is on the up and up...my mom is doing good, feeling good, looking good...all of the girls at chemo just raved about how spectacular she looked yesterday.
The Medi-port is holding strong and working like a champ...
here is a photo of a fully loaded port.



On the days during chemo, they leave the needle in so they don't have to re-poke her everyday. they cover it all up with tape and whatnot and send her on her way. However, on any other day, it lays flat and you cant even see it.
Pretty cool.
Alright, my mom is just antsy pansty to get to Target. Now you know she is feelin just fine.
We will try to check in again with ya'll tomorrow.

On a side note: We found out this afternoon that our friend, Chemo Mike passed away just before Christmas. Apparently his PICC line had gotten infected, which led to a blood infection, which led to kidney failure and other organ failure.
We are, to say the least, devastated.
We miss you, Mike.



hugs
xx

When I open my eyes and look at the wide world, I become great; when I close my eyes and look within, I become greater still.

— Hazrat Inayat Khan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Michelle said out friend Chemo Mike passed away. Mike was the first person we met on my first day of chemo. He was so damn funny and kept us entertained. He had a girlfriend and all her baggage but he could see right through her (chemo bags haha chemo joke)He would agitated Paula by talking on his cell or talking about how he was going to the track that day and have a few Guinness (right after treatment)
The last time I saw Mike he did not look so good and I was sad...and I wondered.
We still have dancing with the pole dances, Mike.
Mike I miss you even though we did not know each other long I feel how you touched my soul and heart.
RIP Mike During next track season Michelle and I will go and raise a Guinness in your honor.Kazza

Anonymous said...

Aunt Karan,

Always keep in mind that Mike is not in pain anymore. He's in a better place and god will take care of him. It was his time to go, he suffered a long battle and will now be in peace. He was a great person, even though I've only met him once. He touched my soul in 3 hours, so I can only imagine what he did to you. On a good note, you are off to new zealand soon and I couldn't be more proud of you. You are truly my hero! I love you and I hope you have a fabulous well deserved time!

Love,

Your niece

-jenna :)

Anonymous said...

When you feel a gentle breeze
Caress you when you sigh
It's a hug sent from Heaven
From a loved one way up high

If a soft and tender raindrop
Lands upon your nose
They've added a small kiss
As fragile as a rose

If a song you hear fills you
With a feeling of sweet love
It's a hug sent from Heaven
From someone special up above

If you awaken in the morning
To a bluebird's chirping song
It's music sent from Heaven
To cheer you all day long

If tiny little snowflakes
Land upon your face
It's a hug sent from Heaven
Trimmed with Angel lace

So keep the joy in your heart
If you're lonely my dear friend
Hugs that are sent from Heaven
A help a broken heart mend

Anonymous said...

P.S...i love you,

Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your chemo friend Mike. I know everyone says same stuff all time but tis true he will no longer be suffering. Bet Karan is now counting down the sleeps till NZ
Luv joy

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Mike.
I hope you passed without pain and I hope you left this world knowing just how much of a difference you made and how much you were loved by your friends Karan and Michelle.
Just know that you made them smiles tells me the world was a better place because of you.
My sympathies to your loved ones.