Monday, July 13, 2009

Faith is what will sustain us.

Hi friends...
As we know, life presents great obstacles for us and I am in the place in life where I am trying with all of my might to rely on my strength, courage and faith to sustain me in whatever is thrown at me, because in the end, that is what will keep me holding fast.
I write this blog today with a heavy heart...
for those of you who may or may not know, my Grandfather, was diagnosed with prostate and bladder canser a little over three years ago.
We received word last night that his treatments are no longer working and the doctors are stopping any further treatment.
As I am struggling to wade through the grief of losing my mom, I am now preparing to say goodbye to my darling Grandfather, the man who gave my mom life.
So, please, I am asking you for your support once again in praying that he has a safe and painless flight home and that God continues to help guide me and family through these difficult times.
And though it may seem weird, I am finding great comfort in knowing that he will soon be safe at home with my momma.






please dont be offended when I say that I fucking hate canser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....safely by her side <3

Aunt Nancy


....

Whats it all about, alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?
Whats it all about when you sort it out, alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?
And if only fools are kind, alfie,
Then I guess its wise to be cruel.
And if life belongs only to the strong, alfie,
What will you lend on an old golden rule?
As sure as I believe theres a heaven above, alfie,
I know theres something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in.
I believe in love, alfie.
Without true love we just exist, alfie.
Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, alfie.
When you walk let your heart lead the way
And you'll find love any day, alfie, alfie.