Friday, April 15, 2011

Love plus Magic Equals My Mom

ahhh...so here I sit on the eve of the 2 year anniversary of my mom's passing. 
I am at once amazed and startled at the time that has gone by...in my heart it feels like yesterday, but my head knows the truth...and I am still amazed daily that I have made it this far without her physically her by my side, cracking jokes, making me laugh, being my one true champion...

And yet, Ive kept moving forward with one swollen foot in front of the other. So many  things have happened since she's been gone...but its the happiest, most exciting times that I find to be truly the hardest...being unable to share those moments with her...

and here I am, carrying this little baby boy who will learn about her through my laughter and my tears, he will get to know her through my brother, through my cousins, my dad, my aunt and uncles, and everyone who has ever loved her. Her legacy will live and love on through my son, which makes me weep with pride. Now if I can only manage to be 1/10th of the mother she was, then my fella will be one lucky kid.

...Ive been secretly hoping he gets those famous dimples of hers....I wonder if shes listening...do you think she can hook it up?  ;)

I miss her and love her more today than yesterday and only half as much as tomorrow.
xo

Loss leaves us empty - but learn not to close your heart and mind in grief. Allow life to replenish you. When sorrow comes it seems impossible - but new joys wait to fill the void.
— Pam Brown

No comments: