Thursday, April 14, 2011

Better Late Than Never...

Here are two photos of our squiggly long legged little boy...





Hes just so stinking cute...he looks just like me! ha ha
These photos are quite a few weeks old...they were taken at my 12 week appointment and I am now nearly 20 weeks...almost halfway there!
This is such an exciting time for us...yet still seems so surreal. Sometimes I glance at my big ol belly and think..."Really? Is this really happening? OMG, I'm so excited!" other times I glance at my swollen cankles and think " Oh jeez...I just really want to sit down."
I'm starting to feel him wiggle around a bit, which is really cool.
But, I'm not gonna lie...there have been moments when I have broken down at the realization that I am not experiencing this with my mom...and that my baby will never get to know her and love her properly.
Sure she lives in my heart and memory and I will talk to him about her, but I'm sorry, its not the same, not even close...I feel cheated a little...

However, my dad, oh my dad, has got to be the dang cutest thing anyone has ever seen...he has definitely stepped in and filled a large portion of that hole...at times I'm certain that hes more excited than we are!
Now we just need to find this fella a right proper name.
We've got a few picked out...so far nothing seems to be sticking...I guess worst case, my fella gets his name right before he leaves the hospital.

Ive decided that I'm going to use this blog for the duration of my pregnancy and for as long as I can keep up with it as my boy grows up and as we experience life changes...

I do, however, have a question that I'm rolling around...what to do about the side intro over there

I think it needs a switch up...

xo

Boys are found everywhere -- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.
Alan Marshall Beck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hes your gift..your joy. You will carry on the love she has for the little boys. I wish everyday that she was here..cant lie. I miss having my sister to talk to about all the things you kids are doing. It would be wonderful to share this time with your momm and if I think about it too much, well you know Im a mess..so Im just gonna celebrate this amazing blessing and the life you are about to begin..the love you and Michael share and all the good things that seem to be coming your way because deep down know..she is right there beside you and isnt missing a single day of this journey.
Maybe you can start writing about all the things that you remember about your mom so you can tell your son something new every day about her...he will know her through your stories. I love you and Im so overjoyed with your happiness.