Saturday, August 16, 2008

It must be love, love, love


Everyday, and especially since we have started this journey, has been full of love. Today is no exception...warm, unexpected, tender and joyous love.

This morning I got a phone call from my mom's friend Carrie M, letting me know that her son Kyle had joined a "Relay for Life" team. (for those of you who don't know what it is check the link on the side bar) Well, apparently,in the last two weeks, Kyle has raised $250.00 and is walking today in my mom's name. Its a 24 hour walk, from 9am Saturday to 9am Sunday. There is a luminary walk this evening to honor the newly diagnosed survivors. Its too late for me to enter but you better believe I'm going down there tonight to support Kyle in his walk for my mom. We were, and are, so touched by this that we don't even have any words to express how we feel and a mere thank you just seems so inadequate.
So, today do me a favor and root for Kyle and his big ol' giant heart walking around in the heat for my mom.
Shortly after the phone call, the mailman dropped off not one, not two, but three love notes! Wow. My mom recieved photos, cards and an Easton Stagger Phillips cd to do chemo by...sweet.

Then, just a few minutes later, I'm not kidding, came a knock at the door from our dear family friend (who is more family than friend) Michael Hill. He just stopped by to say hi and give my mom a squeeze. Michael Hill lives about 6 hours away in Arizona. Silly Michael Hill...and in my moms words "What a crazy fool!" :)
I phoned my cousin Jennifer to tell her about all of these goings on, and she told me that my aunt's friend is also walking for my mom in January with a goal of raising $1900.00! My my my. The kindness of strangers!
Its been quiet an emotional and heartwarming day! wow.
Now we are resting because tomorrow is a big day...we are going to a birthday party!
fun. fun. fun.
H A P P Y 7TH B I R T H D A Y B O O !!


“Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
Franklin P. Jones

leave some LOVE \
just click it.... \
you know you wanna \
\/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from NZ. Are you sure Ks not faking it (the 'in' trend, but very spectacular) she and her tongue look so disgustingly healthy-love the short hair!
Love to drop by but no wings!Love to all.