Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well La-Ti-Dah.

Hey yo!
Just wanted to let you know that my mom is doing just superbly. After that bout with the "day one" chemo, she has been feeling great, looking great, and eating great. We are currently on the path to fattening her up a bit. She has lost quiet a bit of weight so we have been eating bacon sandos, loads of snacks and ice cream galore! She complains about not wanting to "get fat again" but I think shes secretly enjoying it! I, on the hand, am not. I do not need to gain anymore weight, thank you very much...but as it goes, I eat what she eats...well, except for the ice cream...that where I draw the line.
So, we are all just hanging out, doing fabulously. Michael and I trade off spending the night at my mom's place with my cousin Ashley (Some of you may or may not know that my dad went to NZ and since the "seizure" my mom is really allowed to be alone) and that has been really fun.
Speaking of fun, my mom, Michael and I went to Sarah's birthday/dinner party last night and had a blast!
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL

My mom even stayed up til 11pm! That's just wack-a-do..she didn't even stay up that late in her pre-canser life!


I don't think we will be doing it up like that tonight, but we are planning on making a big ol yummy dinner and watching some movies.
Alright friends, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
as I sign off, my mom is up and flittering about the house, dusting and cleaning.

and as always,
thanks for everything that all of you and for being who you are!

hugs
x to the oh!

"The time you enjoying wasting is not wasted time."
Bertrand Russell


This post is dedicated to my cousins Steven, Emily and Jennifer who lost their Papa yesterday.
He lived and loved for 87 long, happy and fulfilled years!
as my cousin Emily says: Heaven has gained a beautiful angel.
xo


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and yes..we are convinced that Papa is laughing and loving talking to the angels and watchin over la familia from up above.

Have a good weekend..sista

Aunt Nancy
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Loved the post!

Happy Birthday Sara!

And of course, we miss papa :(

I'm glad aunt karan is eating her fatty foods, she can eat them for the both of us!

LOL

Love you all<33